Import Export Code
Code is a registration required for persons importing or exporting goods and services from India. IE Code is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India
Documents required for import customs clearance in India
- 1. Bill of Entry:
- 2. Commercial Invoice.
- 3. Bill of Lading / Airway bill :
- 4. Import License.
- 5. Insurance certificate.
- 6. Purchase order/Letter of Credit.
- 7. Technical write up, literature etc. for specific goods if any.
- 8. Industrial License if any IEC registration is required by a person for exporting or importing goods. It is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). All businesses which are engaged in Import and Export of goods require registering Import Export Code